Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blessings...the comfort of the Holy Spirit

I seem to need to be comforted a lot.  I worry about my family, not excessively, but still their health concerns me. As a family we do have a number of health related issues. Most times that is the reason I need to be comforted. Sometimes though, I am on the receiving end of criticism.  I tend to respond to that by generalizing and thinking I'm a failure...in everything.  I need comforting then too.  I am sensitive, not overly so, I have a little bit of a temper too, but still I function pretty well in my varying roles. Life can be difficult sometimes.  And then I think about people I know who really do have problems and I chastise myself.
That all aside, I am so grateful for the work of the Holy Spirit in my life. When I get down or angry or hurt, I ask God for grace, wisdom, for forgiveness and to be able to forgive.   Then I wait and watch for His supply.  Somehow through the work of the Holy Spirit my needs are met. My spirit is lifted and I can forge ahead with life.  I am helped and strengthened. I am blessed by the work of the Holy Spirit and very thankful for it.

Jesus said... John 14:16-18 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; who the world cannot recieve, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him; but ye know him for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless;I will come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment